Why You Should eRecycle
Obsolete electronics, including cellphones, computers, household appliances, televisions and monitors make up the fastest growing segment of the municipal waste stream in the United States.
- Electronic waste contains many valuable materials including copper, aluminum, gold, silver and palladium, as well as plastics and ferrous metals.
- It also contains many toxic and hazardous materials such as chemical flame retardants, lead, mercury, beryllium, cadmium, and other heavy metals that can harm the environment and human health if managed improperly.
- Sensitive data can be found in many outdated electronics, including smartphones and photocopiers that double as document scanners. If not handled properly, these items can create data breaches and liability concerns for individuals and businesses.
The good news is this: Through our national network of nonprofit partners, CyclePoint® can divert those materials from landfills and relieve your data security concerns.
Learn How CyclePoint is Right for You
Imagine the relief you'll feel knowing that storeroom full of old computers is no longer a data breach waiting to happen. Let’s talk.
Find Your Local CyclePoint Drop Off Locations
For years, you recycled glass, paper and plastic. Now you can do the same with electronics. Find your local CyclePoint drop off point.
Join the CyclePoint Network
You do great things in your community. Join us at CyclePoint and add "environmental stewardship" to your reputation.
CyclePoint eRecycling Benefits
- Conserves natural resources and energy needed to produce new electronics.
- Protects the environment and human health by safely disposing of toxic material.
- Ensures that your sensitive information is securely managed and destroyed.
- Creates sustainable jobs for people with significant disabilities employed by our network of partner agencies.
Learn more about electronics recycling.